Ze Frank Contemplates Consciousness
If you were socially aware on the Internet in 2006, and frequented Fark or Reddit, then you, at the very least, have heard of Ze Frank. Yanno, the guy who did a webshow, The Show, every weekday for an entire year. He talked about Bush a lot, made the Whip Somebody’s Ass song famous, and created a form of community-following that didn’t really exist before the Internet.
ZeFrank fell off the face of the planet for the last couple years, doing projects like Star.me which weren’t bad ideas, but not good enough to reclaim former glory. (Watching Internet celebrities try to make a comeback and fail fills me with existential dread.)
So when he announced that he was coming back with A Show, similar to The Show, I was super excited. Alas, his attitude was old and tired. Nearly 20 videos later, I’m still not fully engaged.
But finally, he came out with one that got my attention. Here Ze uses his nueroscience degree from Brown University* and talks some intellectual mind-fuckery about the nature of being and consciousness.
The red book on the shelf behind him is “Free Will” by Sam Harris. ❤ ❤ ❤ <3!
*Brown is doing a lot of cool stuff in the areas of brain research and nuerotechnology. Here’s a video of a paralyzed woman moving a robotic hand with her thoughts.
- I asked a Mechanical Engineer about ELF Emmit. This is what he said.
- The Cult of Cutco: How Vector Marketing Mass-Hires Students into Dubious Contract Labor
- Professional Hair Product Alternatives - Same Ingredients, 1/3 the Price
- Are Women Cleaner than Men?
- Fuck you, Lending Tree, Fuck you
- Liz Katz and the Cosplay Controversy
- HIghdea #2: Pugs are ugly motherfuckers
- Starfish are Satan’s Sea Animal Minions
- The Cult of Cutco Tries Desperately to Knock Me Off Google
- Satire, Gay Barbarians, and Banana Man
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.