My Top 3 Trending Tumblrs for October
There are many Tumblrs I follow. But as with any social media followings, I can really only care about a few at a time. Here are a few of my favorites that have been getting more of my re-blogs lately.
It’s exactly what it promises. With plenty of stock photos ripe for some photoshopping. Here’s mine:
STSS shows the smart and not so smart responses of Apple’s new voice controlled personal assistant. These convos remind me of Cleverbot, except more clever.
In Response to “The 53%,” the Tumblr set up as the 4chan of anti-Occupy Wallstreet, “Actually You’re the 47%,” highlights the fact that the contributors to the original blog don’t really know if they pay income taxes or not.
Ylgesias notes on the “only 53% pay income taxes” number trending:
Most people think of the taxes that you pay when you “do your taxes” in April as being your income taxes. It is, in fact, a consolidated income tax and payroll tax. Thanks to some temporary tax cuts implemented during the recession, a very large share of American workers currently have only payroll tax liability rather than income tax liability. So through sleight of hand, you can convince many more than 53 percent of the people that they are part of the put-upon “53 percent” forced to bear the burden of a nation of slackers.
- I asked a Mechanical Engineer about ELF Emmit. This is what he said.
- The Cult of Cutco: How Vector Marketing Mass-Hires Students into Dubious Contract Labor
- Professional Hair Product Alternatives - Same Ingredients, 1/3 the Price
- Are Women Cleaner than Men?
- Fuck you, Lending Tree, Fuck you
- Liz Katz and the Cosplay Controversy
- HIghdea #2: Pugs are ugly motherfuckers
- Starfish are Satan’s Sea Animal Minions
- The Cult of Cutco Tries Desperately to Knock Me Off Google
- Satire, Gay Barbarians, and Banana Man
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.