The Week thinks up five possibilities for the new boss. Who can fill Michael Scott’s shoes?
- Ricky Gervais: The boss from the original Britland version, and he’s “inherently meaner” as an actor, writes Christopher Rosen at the New York Observer.
- Rainn Wilson: Just promote Dwight. What could possibly go wrong?
- Lisa Kudrow: Best known as Phoebe from Friends. Or maybe Elizabeth Banks of 30 Rock. Ladies rock. No sexual harassment; they took care of them remember. (Did Dwight ever figure out what the ‘female vagina’ looked like?
- Ed Helms: Comedy Central, ftw. Steve Carrel came from the Daily Show, so why not try Ed Helms (The Dentist from The Hangover)? Or Rob Corddry.
- Old Spice Guy: In his commercials, “he’s basically acting like a pompous idiot, and what better show could there be for pompous idiots than The Office?,” explains the Hollywood Reporter.
[post-date edit: Will Farrell is the confirmed replacement. Ew. Time to Cancel.]