Who is Donald Berwick?
Seriously. Who is he? Well, according the news, he’s our new administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Obama managed to bypass the Senate scrutiny process while appointing him while Senate was on vacay. Tricky Tricky.
AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka likes him. Not that I really know who Richard Trumka is either.
Let’s see what wiki says, since yanno, Truth is now a democracy:
-Clinical Professor of Pediatrics and Health Care Policy in the Department of Pediatrics at the Harvard Medical School and Professor of Health Policy and Management at the Harvard School of Public Health. Obama sure loves his Harvardians.
-A pediatrician, Adjunct Staff in the Department of Medicine at Children’s Hospital Boston, and a Consultant in Pediatrics at Massachusetts General Hospital.
-President and Chief Executive Officer of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement.
I’ve never heard of this IHI organization. (I’m more familiar with the Commonwealth Fund). Research time… Well, browsing through their site, they don’t seem to have as large a reach as other organizations, but they have some good public research papers.
Berwick tentatively has my support. He seems highly qualified and I can’t think of a better pick offhand.
I made another post today about my personal experiences without health insurance. https://scandalousmuffin.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/on-being-one-of-the-46-million-uninsured-americans/
- I asked a Mechanical Engineer about ELF Emmit. This is what he said.
- The Cult of Cutco: How Vector Marketing Mass-Hires Students into Dubious Contract Labor
- Professional Hair Product Alternatives - Same Ingredients, 1/3 the Price
- Are Women Cleaner than Men?
- Fuck you, Lending Tree, Fuck you
- Liz Katz and the Cosplay Controversy
- HIghdea #2: Pugs are ugly motherfuckers
- Starfish are Satan’s Sea Animal Minions
- The Cult of Cutco Tries Desperately to Knock Me Off Google
- Satire, Gay Barbarians, and Banana Man
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.