Beating the Heat for Poor People
8 Super Simple Tricks to Beat the Heat
#1. Stick your sheets in your freezer for a bit before you go to bed.
#2. Put a cold compress on places where your pulse is. Neck, wrists, behind the knee.
#3. Loiter at a place with air conditioning. Like the supermarket, Starbucks, or a library. Or search craigslist for a cheap air conditioner. I found a like new one for $50 once.
#4. Common sense, but stay hydrated. Get an $2 ice cube tray. If you get sick of water, lemon juice is cheap. Make your own lemonade.
#5. At night when it gets cooler, open the window. Put a fan right by the window facing in and blowing air inside. It should create an area of low pressure behind the fan that will draw the cooler air in.
#6 Keep the shades drawn when you’re not in the room. Use florescent lights, if you must use lightning, because the are awesome energy efficient and produce less heat.
#7 Ice cream! I vote Turkey Hill as tastiest for its value in those half gallon tubs.
#8 Nudity + Cool shower. Take often.
Did I miss any good ones? Comment below.
Have a random article on why the US’s electric grid is still outdated: http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm?id=outdated-energy-infrastructure-hold-2009-02-23
- I asked a Mechanical Engineer about ELF Emmit. This is what he said.
- The Cult of Cutco: How Vector Marketing Mass-Hires Students into Dubious Contract Labor
- Professional Hair Product Alternatives - Same Ingredients, 1/3 the Price
- Are Women Cleaner than Men?
- Fuck you, Lending Tree, Fuck you
- Liz Katz and the Cosplay Controversy
- HIghdea #2: Pugs are ugly motherfuckers
- Starfish are Satan’s Sea Animal Minions
- The Cult of Cutco Tries Desperately to Knock Me Off Google
- Satire, Gay Barbarians, and Banana Man
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.