Contemplating Bra Names
Today I bought a couple bras, one at Aerie and the other at Kohls. I find it very bizarre that they are assigning names to styles of bras now. I don’t mean normal style names like “Midnight Magic” or something like that, but actual human female names. Today I bought “Katie” at Aerie and “Haylie” at Kohls (Candie’s brand).
Aerie was giving out $5 coupons to anyone who tried on a bra, so I humored the salesgirl as she explained to another customer and me the different bras– “Katie,” “Paige,” and “Sasha.” (The one with the hooker name was the deep-plunge push-up, of course.) As she was talking, using words like “dramatic” to describe the styles, I couldn’t help but imagine an animated series with characters consisting solely of anthropomorphic bras.
I actually own two “Katies” now and one of them is black.
- I asked a Mechanical Engineer about ELF Emmit. This is what he said.
- The Cult of Cutco: How Vector Marketing Mass-Hires Students into Dubious Contract Labor
- Professional Hair Product Alternatives - Same Ingredients, 1/3 the Price
- Are Women Cleaner than Men?
- Fuck you, Lending Tree, Fuck you
- Liz Katz and the Cosplay Controversy
- HIghdea #2: Pugs are ugly motherfuckers
- Starfish are Satan’s Sea Animal Minions
- The Cult of Cutco Tries Desperately to Knock Me Off Google
- Satire, Gay Barbarians, and Banana Man
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.